Saturday, November 24, 2012

Grateful: Giving thanks today and everyday.


                                                        Desert Thanksgiving


Its hard sometimes to just be Grateful.  We forget.  We walk around complaining and drowning in our own self pity.  We spend our time trying to get material things and measure our worth by what we have. We spend our time wishing and hoping for what others have and not seeing what's right in front of our face.  Life.  We are alive and breathing and here on earth at this very moment just being.  We may not be who we want to be or what we want to be, but because we are here we have a choice and opportunity to embrace life and that's something to be grateful for.
Being here in Abu Dhabi, even more so the western region where things are more traditional in the face of westernization; where people, particularly women, don't have choices puts things in percpective.  Well, they do have choices which are one of two; follow their rules or be ostracized and outcast.  In their culture a women has to be fully covered or where a veil over their face.  A place where they're is no room for era and a mistake can have great consequences. Now, I'm not judging how they live their lives here on the other side of the world because each country has its own.  But I'm grateful for the choices I do have and the little things I've taken foregranted.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to be here over seas and the great people I've met and what I've learned. The kind Arabic teachers in my school and western teachers in my villa.  I'm thankful for my family and friends back home who I miss during this holiday seasons. I'm thankful that has kept me sane during this tough period of my divorce and that he has placed great people in my life. I'm thankful that I'm growing and learning everyday.  I think that being grateful makes you aware of the little things you would pass over and realize they're more important than you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment